Apostle Sylvester Davis Johnson is an internationally known and much sought-after preacher, teacher, singer, musician, and author.
He serves as the Senior Pastor of Macedonia Worship Center. He is the Most Apostolic Primate/Establishmentarian of the True Vine Churches of Deliverance International (TVCOD), and served as the Jurisdictional Presiding Prelate of the Greater Memorial Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of TVCOD.
Apostle Sylvester Davis Johnson has chaired and served on many boards of civic and religious organizations and is the recipient of numerous awards and recognitions in the Winston- Salem Triad area and around the country.
He received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering and holds a Master of Divinity Degree. Because of his years of experience and exemplary service, two doctorate degrees were conferred: a Doctorate of Divinity and a Doctorate of Living Letter
As a prolific writer, he is the author of three books.
He was united in ministry and marriage to the former Billie Janetta Mason on February 14, 2004 after experiencing 37 prosperous years of marital union with the late Gwendolyn Darnell McQueen Johnson.
He is noted for his humility as a servant of the Lord. Recognized as having a call to nurture, train, and mentor spiritual sons, daughters, and pastors of new as well as established ministries.
The following are highlights of the ministerial accomplishments of Apostle Johnson:
- Received his call to the ministry in 1967
- Appointed to his first Pastoral assignment in 1970 (St Hope Temple TPVH, Martinsville, Virginia)
- Appointed Senior Pastor of the Macedonia True Vine Pentecostal Holiness Church of God, Incorporated (currently the Macedonia Worship Center)
- Consecrated to the Episcopal Office
- Elected Presiding Prelate of the True Vine Pentecostal Holiness Churches of God, Incorporated in 1975
- Built a 2,000+ seating capacity, state of the art edifice (Johnson Memorial Sanctuary)
- Purchased WSMX Radio Station 1500 AM in 1982
- Establishmentarian, Presiding Prelate of the United Pentecostal Churches of Deliverance, Incorporated (UPCOD) in 1985
- The Most Apostolic Primate and Establishmentarian of the True Vine Churches of Deliverance International (TVCOD)
- Confirmed to the Apostolic Office in 1997